Sunday, December 7, 2008

Clints early Christmas

So I have been looking into getting a Digital SLR camera for quite a while. The problem is, a new camera is not a top priority. I had done some research, and knew pretty much what I wanted/what we could afford. The day after Thanksgiving we saw that Ebay had some great deals, and they had camera kits that would more than suit our needs. We decided on a Nikon D40 kit. It came with the camera, 2 lenses, 2 cases (hard and soft), 2 tripods (medium and pocket sized), a 4GB SD card, and some other accessories. It came two days ago and it has been great. I was able to get some good pictures of the boys, here is one of Tyson. Even with the food in his mouth, I think it turned out pretty well. Here is Owen. He finally let me get a decent shot of his face. its been a long time since Ive gotten a good one of his face. This is one of Gavin. He is a pretty smiley baby, and he has a cute dimple on his right cheek (left side on this picture.) I was trying out the zoom, and thought i would try getting close on the ornament. I havent used many of the setting, mostly just the automatic settings, so I've been impressed with the quality for not knowing much about it. Today we went for a walk out down by some paths near Utah lake, they go along the Provo river. It was very pretty, and i got a few nice shots. Here are some berries

Everything looked pretty dead, and it was a little cold, but it was still pretty
The trees were pretty, but everything looked so dead that I had to try and do some color correction. It looks a little too much like fall, but I do like it.

This one was just some good timing. I like to call it Synchronized Swimming.

3 comments:

Amanda and Miles said...

What great pictures! Looks like you choose a good one. Are you guys feeling any better? So far, no one else has gotten what I had.

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

That looks like an awesome camera! The pictures are awesome anyway ;)....so clear.

Loughmiller's said...

The pictures look great. I got a cannon, but not SLR. Close though. It is like a SLR but I don't have to change the lenses. I love it! Looks like you are doing well. Miss ya.